Terms & Conditions
- Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- Advocates for International Development reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Advocates for International Development are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Advocates for International Development be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- The information and opinions contained on this website are for general information purposes, are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice, and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. Advocates for International Development shall have no responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on materials contained on this website.
- Advocates for International Development does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- The contents of this site are protected by copyright under international conventions. Users are permitted to read the contents and make copies for their own personal use. They may also give copies (in paper or electronic form) of reasonable extracts on an occasional basis free of charge to colleagues and clients for their personal use, on terms that (i) Advocates for International Development is acknowledged as the source, (ii) the text is not altered in any way and (iii) the attention of recipients is drawn to this warning. All other use and copying of any of the contents of this site, whether directly or by means of a hypertext link, is prohibited unless the prior written consent of a partner of Advocates for International Development is obtained.
- Advocates for International Development takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Advocates for International Development has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Advocates for International Development approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
Terms and conditions for A4ID blog
All comments can be made anonymously, although we would encourage users to contribute under their own name.
Please note that all comments on the A4ID are moderated and each contribution will be checked by our editors for compliance with the Contents Standards [link to below] before it is published.
Therefore we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published or how quickly Contributions will be posted. Comments posted in the evenings, weekends or during busy periods may take longer to be approved.
We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which does not adhere to these Rules.
These Content Standards apply to each Contribution and they must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. A4ID will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from A4ID if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services [or web links to other sites].
Website design by Maltin PR.