Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing Training
Thursday, 11 February 2020
08:30 – 11:30 GMT
Latham & Watkins LLP
Charities, other non-profits and social enterprises can inadvertently be targeted victims of money launderers and terrorist financiers. This risk is heightened in the international development and humanitarian relief sectors. However, with vigilance and through the adoption of appropriate measures these risks can be mitigated.
This training course is designed to raise your awareness of the impact of anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-terrorist financing (ATF) laws and regulations on charities, non-profits and social enterprises to help you mitigate any risks.
What you will learn
During the training, we will cover:
- an overview of the UK AML and ATF laws and regulations
- the key obligations imposed on ‘relevant persons’ regulated under the UK’s AML/ATF regime
- the likely impact of the regulations for charities, other non-profits and social enterprises
- US and EU sanctions, the necessity of screening third parties and practical recommendations for mitigating risks
By the end of the course, participants will:
- understand the legal and regulatory framework of the UK’s AML/ATF regime
- have a clear understanding of the extent to which the UK’s AML/ATF regime applies to them
- know how the UK AML/ATF regime may impact on them, even when the rules are not directly applicable
- have a sense of the overarching sanctions regimes potentially applicable to their operations
How to register
This training on Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism Financing is aimed at NGOs, charities and other not-for-profit organisations, as well as start-up social enterprises working in international development and the advancement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Spaces are strictly limited so you are strongly urged to reserve a ticket as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Please consider your colleagues and kindly inform A4ID if you are no longer able to attend so someone on the waiting list can benefit in your absence and spaces are not wasted.
Preference will be given to staff from organisations that are currently registered as Development Partners of A4ID. If you are not from an A4ID Development Partner and wish to register your organisation, please contact Luke McMichael.
We look forward to welcoming you on the day!
Latham & Watkins LLP, 99 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 3XF