Future Lawyers' Training Programme
Future Lawyers' Training Programme March 2015
Contact us if you have a question
Why take this programme
The Future Lawyers’ Training Programme introduces law students to international development.
It covers the changes in global poverty and development financing, challenges such as corruption, conflict and climate change, approaches to human rights and responsible business, and what’s next on the horizon.
You will have a chance to think about how you can contribute to international development efforts throughout your legal careers, and how the law can be used to further development efforts.
Who for and who with
The programme is aimed at law students with a strong interest in the role the law plays in the development agenda and the critical skills to apply your legal knowledge to a new area.
Seminars and workshops are delivered by leading academics, development professionals and practising lawyers to help participants understand how the law can secure, or be a barrier to, sustainable development.
What you gain
- An overview of the big issues in international development, successes and challenges in using the law, and the complexities involved in trying to make effective interventions
- Practical skills in thinking through how you would tackle real life cases
- Contacts with people working in this field which you can build on to develop your own career opportunities
How you learn
Each topic will be introduced with a presentation and time for questions and discussions. You will have the opportunity to explore the issues and how they play out in practice, through participatory group work and interactive exercises.
We will upload background information, course materials and further resources to a shared secure site so that you can build on your learning.
BPP Law School, London Holborn
- Module One Saturday 7 March (full day) and Sunday 8 March (half day)
- Module Two Saturday 28 March (full day) and Sunday 29 March (half day)
Get Email Updates
On A4ID’s work as well as law and development news, events and opportunities